Results From National Parks 2010 Survey
We asked and you answered! Here are the results from last November's National Parks survey. Thanks for participating!
Last November, we wanted to know more about you, our readers, so we created the Parks Canada Art Contest and showcased some great paintings by Bernard Pelletier—here’s what you said about parks, travelling, and more.
How many times do you visit a national park or historic site each year?
Your Favourite Canadian Parks
- Banff National Park, AB
- Jasper National Park, AB
- Waterton Lakes National Park, AB
- Algonquin Provincial Park, ON
- Pacific Rim National Park, BC
- Gros Morne National Park, NL
- Old Quebec, QC
- Rideau Canal National Historic Site, ON
- Fortress of Louisbourg National Historic Site, NS
- Fundy National Park, NB
Your Favourite Vacation Activities
- Sightseeing (48%)
- Visiting friends and family (37%)
- R&R (31%)
- Dining at new places (30%)
- Shopping (23%)
- Hiking (23%)
- Attending events (21%)
- Camping (19%)
- Visiting museums (15%)
- Spa treatments (10%)
Your Favourite Stories
Readers also spoke up about their favourite stories from the November issue of up!. Here are the top four:
- Preserving Canada One Stroke at a Time, by Cadence Mandybura
- Create Your Own Masterpiece, by Bruce Kirkby
- The Value Guide to Grand Cayman, by David Pye
- The Happiest Place on Earth, by Design, by Tom Gierasimczuk
Enter the 2011 Reader Survey
Have more to say? Complete our latest survey and be entered to win a an Olympus XZ-1 Digital Camera!
Cadence Mandybura, an incurable culture vulture, is enjoying being back on her home turf after learning plenty about Tamil films and Carnatic music during her stint at a newspaper in India.